Approved by the Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA), for 1 hr. in the DRIFT category.
Approved by the Structural Pest Control Board(Course# 2006-2423) for 1 hr. in the Lawn & Ornamental category.
By actively participating in this class, the student should be able to:
- Select the proper nozzle tip, calibrate the sprayer and understand calibration methods.
- Discuss the purpose of sprayer calibration and the procedures for maintaining and calibrating spray equipment.
- Understand that the course alone is not sufficient to become successful and competent in sprayer calibration.
- Understand that sprayer calibration is both an art and a science.
- Acknowledge the importance of reading instructions on pesticide labels and labeling, manufacturer manuals, and professional meetings.