Approved for 2 core units, (Basic Safety and Handling).
This course has been approved by the State of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Pesticide Control Program.
For on-line courses, a New Jersey pesticide applicator can accumulate 2 units in Core (of the 8 required) and 4 units (of the 16 required) in each category over their 5-year certification period.
- By actively participating in this class, the student should be able to select the proper nozzle tip, calibrate the sprayer and understand calibration methods.
- Discuss the purpose of sprayer calibration and the procedures for maintaining and calibrating spray equipment.
- Understand that the course alone is not sufficient to become successful and competent in sprayer calibration.
- Understand that sprayer calibration is both an art and a science.
- Acknowledge the importance of reading instructions on pesticide labels and labeling, manufacturer manuals, and professional meetings.
Check NJDEP for current New Jersey requirements- www.state.nj.us/dep/