- Up to half of the CEU’s can be completed online
- Individuals cannot repeat the same course for credit in the same renewal cycle
- Licensees must also print the course completion certificate upon completion and send it to the Iowa Board as well.
- Licensees should hold onto their certificates of completion after completing a continuing education course. The PMSB office does not store or track CEUs for individual licensees; all licensee must maintain their own CEU records and submit those with their renewal applications.
The Plumbing and Mechanical Systems Board is experiencing a high number of renewal applications. Therefore, licenses and associated contractor registrations with an expiration date of June 30, 2023, will be considered active and valid for practice through Sept. 30, 2023.
What if a permitting authority says that I cannot pull a permit due to an expired license or registration?
Provide this communication to permitting authority. Permitting authorities and other interested parties should honor this extension. This information will also be posted to our website.
Does this extension apply to individual licenses, too?
Yes, it applies to all licenses with an expiration date of June 30, 2023.
Do late fees still apply?
Yes, late fees will still apply for renewal applications initiated after August 1. The only changes are the dates when a license is considered active and valid for practice.
How long will it take for my renewal application to be processed?
The current processing time is 5-6 weeks from the date the completed application is received.
This course has been approved by the Iowa Department of Public Health Plumbing and Mechanical Systems Board for 2 hours of HVAC/R Discipline continuing education.
- The science of refrigeration
All Star Training has online, continuing education courses for Air Conditioning and Refrigeration. Our online courses are cheaper than the competition, self-paced and easy to use. All our online courses are state-approved by Iowa and meet the requirements for license renewal or continuing education credits. So if you are working in Iowa and need ACR, HVAC, International Mechanical Code, Mechanical Contractors or other Air Conditioning and Refrigeration courses, there is no better choice than All Star Training!