This course has been approved for recertification credit in all structural and ornamental categories by the Arkansas Department of Agriculture, Plant Industries Division.
Arkansas Pest Control Operators must attend an Arkansas Department of Agriculture approved recertification once every three years. For the course to be approved for recertification it must cover the following topics:
- Safety – labeling, protective gear, pesticide handling, first aid, toxicity, symptoms of poisoning, etc. (i.e., anything else that can be safety oriented)
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) – pest identification/biology, scouting/inspecting, alternative methods of control (non-pesticide, baits, etc.)
- Application Equipment and/or Methods of Applications – types of equipment, different methods of application, calibration, and equipment precautions, etc.
- Environmental Concerns – waste/container disposal, clean-up, ground/surface water protection, drift (if applicable), and wildlife protection (if applicable)
- Laws and Regs. – updates on pertinent laws and regulations, certification/recertification requirements, etc.
Topics for this course include:
- Pesticide Safety, Hazards and First Aid
- Integrated Pest Management
- Calibrating Spray Equipment
- Pesticide Spray Drift
- Water Contamination by Pesticides
- Understanding Pesticide Labels
- Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act
For additional licensing information, please go to https://www.agriculture.arkansas.gov/plant-industries/regulatory-section/pest-control/