Approved for 2 units in Category 7E (Wood Preserving)
This course has been approved by the State of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Pesticide Control Program.
For on-line courses, a New Jersey pesticide applicator can accumulate 2 units in Core (of the 8 required) and 4 units (of the 16 required) in each category over their 5-year certification period.
- Introduction to Wood and Methods of Applying Preservatives
- Advantages of Wood
- Disadvantages of Wood
- Different Uses for Treated Wood
- Do It Yourself (DIY) Projects
- Treated Wood Provides Protection from: Biological deterioration, Fungi, Insects & Marine borers
- Preservative Treating Processes
- Classification of American Woods with Respect to Heartwood Penetrability
- Effect of Treatment on Penetration: Treating Schedule for the Full Cell (Bethell) Process, Treating Schedule of the Lowry (empty cell) Process, Treating Schedule of the Rueping (empty cell) Process, Conceptual Diagram of CCA Pressure-Treating Facility
- Safer Alternatives
- Safety precautions